Our themes for the rest of 2017 are as follows. Stories that fit these themes are highly encouraged, and please send in your stories prior to the month of the theme they match so that we have time to review and prepare:
- July: Softness—as women, we hold a unique strength that is soft as it is fierce. We welcome stores about this softness in action, or any stories where this kind of softness shows up.
- August: Vibrate the Cosmos—August is a month of major cosmic forces, bringing us an eclipse that hasn't been seen since the 1970s. We welcome stories about cosmic collisions and creations, as well as any informative stories about the eclipse and any other sky activity that may be of interest.
- September: Venus in Gold—this month is a month of transition, when leaves turn to gold and we must dance the delicate dance of letting go while simultaneously holding on and building resources in a time of harvest and preparation. Autumn, compost, luminescence are all key words here. Send us any stories inspired by these.
- October: Holding Home—home sweet home. Home is where the heart is. There's no place like home. Home is wherever I'm with you. Send us your stories about home—being home, making a home, having a home, wanting a home—both literal and metaphorical.
- November: Empathy Elixir—we are in an age where empathy is in more demand than ever. We must have it with our children, our loved ones, and even strangers around us and around the world. We would love to hear stories where empathy was a key player, where it sparked a revelation, solved a situation, or opened a heart.
- December: By the Fire—this month we are thinking about endings. The end of the year, the end of the season...and with this comes new beginnings. The solstice, the new year, and so on. This is a month where we draw to the fire to warm ourselves, to hear stories with people we love, to read a book, and sometimes to burn up what we are done with. This month we are looking for stories about gathering, holidays, fire, and flame.
Actress Carrie-Anne Moss founded Annapurna Living in November, 2014 with the desire to nourish, uplift, and inspire all women.
Annapurna Living features online classes and articles about mindfulness, motherhood, yoga, home, and more. Part online magazine, part journal, and part meditation circle, Carrie-Anne’s vision has become a trusted lifestyle resource for women.
Annapurna Living is currently accepting submissions for guest posts. Please read the following guidelines carefully. Submissions that do not align with these guidelines will not be accepted. Due to the volume of inquiries and submissions received, we may not be able to respond to each submission personally.