Here we are, the last Monday of November. I love November. I love when the weather gets cooler and the days shorter. The homebody in me loves this time of going inside—I love closing the curtains earlier in the day and lighting the fire. I love to cook soups and stews and apple cobbler. When I see nature mirror to me how I feel within, I remember the truth of who I am.
I am a Woman. Infinitely creative. I am always changing. Like the leaves that change color, I too have seasons of my own, and this is art.
As women, we need to be creative. Without creativity we wilt, and sadness creeps into our souls. As the days get shorter and we lose the light, how can we keep the light lit within us? How can we be creative in the midst of all the things we are responsible for? As the householder, as the wife, the partner, the mother, the sister, the friend...
Here are a few simple steps I take to bring in the life I want to live ::
1. Take total responsibility for MY life. Stop blaming others.
2. Surround myself with people I enjoy and who lift me up.
3. Lift up everyone I come into contact with.
4. Move my body, go for a walk, dance in the kitchen.
5. Be kind to myself. This includes how I think of myself.
6. If I am challenged with a negative thought, I gently nudge myself toward the beauty that is present in my life.
7. Let go of any perfection I hold, give myself a break and enjoy where I am.
8. Draw a picture, paint, write a story, just do it—I don't wait til the moment is right.
9. I have a good cry—I stop holding it together and just let it go.
10. I lighten up and laugh.
If you can see this moment as an opportunity to bring presence and grace to your life, then even the chaos and the hard bits hold beauty. It takes creativity to see life this way. It is not always easy. It takes discipline and strength. It takes seeing your life as an artistic expression of who you are.
Make room in your life. Clear out what doesn't serve and bring in the life you truly want.
On December 11th we are offering our final course this year—By the Fire—Soul Nourishment for the Holiday Season. Join me for support and inspiration to create a holiday that reflects your values and desires.